KNIGHTHAWKS 2017 SEASON IN REVIEWMay 11, 2017
- The Rochester Knighthawks ended their 23rd season by winning two of their last three games.
- The Knighthawks closed out the 2017 campaign with a dramatic 9-8 win over the Georgia Swarm on April 29, courtesy of an empty-net game-winning goal by Graeme Hossack.
- Rochester earned its 200th victory in Georgia to become only the second NLL franchise to achieve that feat, joining the Buffalo Bandits.
- It was a season in which head coach Mike Hasen played 11 rookies.
- Four of those rookies were selected in the 2016 National Lacrosse League Entry Draft.
- One of the most successful drafts in recent years produced Josh Currier, Kyle Jackson, Dan Lomas and Luke Laszkiewicz.
- The four draft picks combined for 61 goals and 76 assists.
- In January, Jackson collected four goals and 13 assists in three games.
- The Knighthawks had two of the Top 5 rookie point producers in the NLL in Jackson and Lomas.
- It was the year of the free agent with 10 newcomers playing in at least one game for the Knighthawks.
- Jarrett Davis was one of the biggest free agent scores of the year, as he notched 25 points and a career-high 82 loose balls this season.
- Rochester also played free agents Wayne Van Every, Jordan Dance, Torrey VanEvery, Marty Hill, Josh Becker, John Rae, Luc Magnan, Sean Young and Tyler Ferreira.
- The Knighthawks acquired Andrew Suitor in an August trade with New England. The veteran transition man played in 12 games and posted three points and 43 loose balls.
- Rochester allowed the third least amount of goals in the NLL this season with 209.
- Eight times, Rochester held its opponents to 10 or fewer goals.
- On April 28, Shawn Williams was inducted into the Knighthawks Hall of Fame.
- The Knighthawks were ranked second in the NLL in penalty-killing efficiency at 51.3 percent.
- One third of their games were decided by one goal with the Knighthawks going 4-2.
- Won the season series over the Buffalo Bandits, knocking off their rivals two games to one.
- Assistant coach Paul Day coached in his 300th game on March 4.
- Made his pro debut on Feb. 18 and notched his first professional point/assist.
- Signed a one-year deal with the Knighthawks on Feb. 1.
- In 2017, he scored a career-high two goals.
- Served as the team captain on Feb. 11.
- In 2017, he was named as an alternate captain for the first time in his Knighthawks career.
- Ended the season on a three-game assist streak from April 22 to April 29.
- Played in his 100th game as a Knighthawk on Jan. 28.
- Was tied for third on the team with 18 goals, and finished fifth with 35 points.
- Recorded points in 11 of his 12 games.
- Posted a career-high four goals on Feb. 11.
- Had a career-high five points (3+2) on Jan. 7.
- Scored his first professional goal and added one assist in his NLL debut on Dec. 29.
- Rochester Knighthawks’ first-round selection (sixth overall) in the 2016 NLL Entry Draft.
- Earned his first pro points, collecting three assists on April 22.
- Made his Knighthawks debut on April 15.
- Jordan’s dad, Kevin, played in 19 games for the Knighthawks from 1998-2000, and helped the team reach the 1999 NLL Finals.
- By playing in Rochester, Jordan and Kevin became the first father-son duo to ever play for the Knighthawks.
- Collected a career-high 82 loose balls. Had a five-game point streak from March 3 to April 1.
- Played in his 100th game as a pro on Feb. 3. Recorded the 150th assist of his pro career on Jan. 7.
- Signed a one-year deal with the Knighthawks on Dec. 11.
- Fourth all-time in NLL history in assists (802), and fifth in goals (469) and points (1,271).
- Fourth all-time in team history in assists (277) and fourth in points (400).
- Reached 400 points in his Knighthawks career on April 29.
- Became only the fourth player in NLL history to reach 800 assists on April 28.
- Played in his 250th pro game on March 4.
- Holds the NLL Ironman streak by playing in 234 straight games (March 9, 2002 to Dec. 29, 2016).
- On Feb. 25, he collected the 500th loose ball of his career.
- Appeared in his 150th game as a pro on Feb. 3.
- Ninth all-time in team history with 184 penalty minutes.
- Played in his 100th game as a pro on April 29; he also became the first Knighthawks player to reach 900 career faceoff wins.
- Had a three-game point streak from Feb. 18 to Feb. 25.
- On April 28, he broke Stephen Hoar’s franchise faceoff record of 891 wins.
- On Feb. 25, he became only the second player in team history to record 800 faceoff wins.
- Tied for third in goals among league defensemen with eight.
- Tied for fourth in points among NLL defensemen with 15.
- Second on the team with 90 loose balls.
- Had a career-high four-game goal-scoring streak from March 4 to April 1.
- Scored his second game-winning goal of the season on March 25.
- On Feb. 25, he scored a career-high two goals – including the game-winner.
- Made a career-high 49 saves in a 9-8 win over Georgia on April 29.
- Moved into fourth place on the team’s all-time saves list (379).
- Earned two assists in his pro debut on April 22.
- Began his second stint with the Knighthawks in 2017 after first signing with Rochester in 2015.
- Led the Knighthawks with 215 loose balls.
- Caused a team-best 29 turnovers.
- Scored the empty-net game-winning goal to beat Georgia on April 29; he scored two goals to tie his single-game best.
- Finished second on the team and second among NLL rookies with 60 points.
- Notched points in 15 of his 16 games. Second on the team with 26 goals.
- Scored a career-high five goals on March 17.
- Tied a team rookie record with 11 points (2+9) on Jan. 7
- Made his Knighthawks debut on Dec. 29. Rochester Knighthawks’ first-round selection (seventh overall) in the 2016 NLL Entry Draft.
- Has served as an assistant captain the past five seasons (2013-17).
- Third all-time in team history in goals (199), assists (329) and points (528).
- Notched two assists in his only appearance of the season on Jan. 28.
- Scored his first professional goals on April 29.
- Picked up his first pro point/assist in his NLL debut on April 1.
- Rochester Knighthawks’ fifth-round selection (43rd overall) in the 2016 NLL Entry Draft.
- Reached career highs in games played (18) and loose balls (78).
- Tallied the second most goals of his career (four).
- Scored a career-high two goals on April 22. On March 3, he played in his 150th professional game.
- Tied his career high by playing in 17 games.
- Finished fourth on the team in assists (23) and points (38).
- Fourth in the NLL in points among rookies.
- Recorded points in 13 of his 14 games.
- Tied his career high with three goals, while establishing career bests in assists (four) and points (seven) on April 22.
- Scored two goals and added three assists in his pro debut on Jan. 7.
- Rochester Knighthawks’ second-round selection (16th overall) in the 2016 NLL Entry Draft.
- Achieved career highs in games played (13) and loose balls (47).
- Made his Knighthawks debut on Dec. 29.
- Played in a career-high seven games.
- Scored a goal in the season opener on Dec. 29.
- Moved from forward to defense/transition in 2017.
- Registered career highs in goals (six), assists (assist) and points (11).
- Tied his career high with three assists on March 25. Opened the season with a three-game goal-scoring streak (Dec. 29, 2016 to Jan. 21, 2017).
- Led the Knighthawks in goals (27), assists (39) and points (66).
- He reached career highs in all three offensive categories.
- Recorded his 200th career point on March 25.
- On March 4, he picked up his 100th point as a Knighthawk.
- Collected his 100th career assist on Feb. 11.
- Team captain the past five seasons (2013-17).
- Seventh all-time in team history in games played (120).
- In his career, he has 546 loose balls, which is 14 away from cracking the team’s Top 10 list.
- Scored his first goal as a Knighthawk on Feb. 11.
- Made his Knighthawks debut on Jan. 28.
WAYNE VAN EVERY
- Recorded points in three of his four games.
- Scored his first professional goal in his NLL debut on Dec. 29.
- Played in three games during his rookie season.
- Had two goals in his pro debut on April 15.
- Scored a goal on his first shot, on his first shift.
- Tied his career high with 53 saves on March 17.
- Recorded his 4,000th save as a Knighthawk on March 3.
- On Jan. 28, he became only the fifth goalie in NLL history to reach the 6,000-save plateau.
- Had a 13-game point streak from Feb. 3 to April 28.
- Had the second most loose balls of his career with 72.
- Seventh all-time in team history in goals (144).
- Ninth all-time in team history in shots on goal with 544.
- Made his Knighthawks debut on March 25.
- Signed a one-year deal with the Knighthawks on March 23, 2017.
- Collected his first pro point/assist on Jan. 14 at Buffalo. Made his pro debut on Jan. 7.
- Played in seven games and notched one assist and 16 loose balls for Georgia.
- Signed by the Georgia Swarm in 2015 and made his NLL debut this season.